There are a few that charge for a Spiritual Cleansing, I personally believe it is something that I will not charge. This is something that may help you if you are trying to sell your home. You may find it useful information even if you are not selling your home. Have a bad vibe? Something doesn’t feel right, give this a try.
There are things you can do to attract a home buyer to your home. Some are basics, cleaning your home, staging it, but there is a spiritual aspect that you may want to add to your preparation of your home for sale. You may have heard of he use of Feng Shui or the burial of a St. Joseph Home Seller Statue Kit
Spiritual Cleansing or Smudging is a traditional method used by indigenous people to clear away negative and residual energy. To “smudge” is to clean with smoke… a smoke bath. Sage is the most popular herb used in smudging. The most common way to smudge with sage is with a smudge stick.
Spiritual Cleaning – Smudging Process
Supplies needed for the smudge ceremony:
- Sage smudge stick
- Lighter (not matches)
- Heatproof bowl (a big ash tray will work)
- Hand-held fan or feather – to fan the smoke around.
Always work counterclockwise to banish the negative energy.
- Go to the highest part of your house and start there.
- If you have an attic in which you can walk around, start smudging to the right of the entrance. Work your way counterclockwise toward the left of the entrance.
- If your attic is a crawl space, fan a lot of smoke into the attic so it can reach all the corners and around anything stored up there.
- Work your way down to the next floor, keeping with the counterclockwise pattern. If it is the 2nd or 3rd floor, start to the right of the staircase smudging each room in the clockwise manner. Do this till you end up to the left of the staircase.
- Smudge the staircase.
- Do each floor the same way till you reach the ground floor. Skip the ground floor for now if you have a basement. Smudge the basement. Spend a lot of time here because basements can be like a dead end for energy. It can sit there and collect. That’s why basements are so creepy.
- Move back to the ground floor. Start smudging from the right side of the door, again moving room to room in a counter clockwise pattern… smudging each room counter clockwise.
- Work your way out the front door.
- If you have a porch, patio, gazebo etc…. smudge them.
- If you have a garage, workshop or pool house, smudge them as well.
- You can smudge the entire property if you feel comfortable enough to do it in front of the neighbors.
Spiritual Cleaning – Lighting Sage
It is little more than a Native American ceremony with a twist to it. Don’t over complicate things. You cannot do this wrong. It is what is in your heart and your desire that makes it work. This is all about your intentions.
Steps to Light Sage
- Light the sage. If it doesn’t go out on it’s own, carefully blow on it. The goal is to get it to smoke and smolder.
- Place the smoking sage into the heatproof container.
- Use you hand, fan or feather to GENTLY move the smoke to the areas to be cleansed. Pay attention to corners, under and around furniture, cluttered areas and areas where negative energy might be really bad. Smudge inside of cabinets, the stove and fridge if they are being sold too.
- As you walk around each room, you may want to ask for spirit to attract a buyer to your home. The Lord’s prayer is also quite popular for this.
- Be careful as you walk so as not to trip and burn the flooring. Walk slowly… fanning the smoke gently. Relight as needed. Stop walking when you want to say your prayer. As you smudge, envision this smoke as your desire going out into the universe and making a connection with a family who is looking for “just the right home” which happens to be yours.
- Take great care not to burn yourself or anything flammable.
- An important step in selling your home is to release it. Let your home know that it’s time for you to move on. The home has served you well and it’s time for a new family to come in. Thank your home for the protection, comfort and shelter it has provided. Give the home your blessings and tell it “goodbye”.
- When you are done, thank you Spirit and anyone else you believe has helped you with your ceremony.
- It’s a good idea to open the windows and air the place out after the smudging. The smoke smells somewhat like marijuana smoke and you don’t want to turn buyers off as soon as they walk in the door.
One thought on “Spiritual Cleansing of a Home”
Thanks for a great article, Colleen! I cast spells for clients from my home, so as you can imagine it’s important for me to cleanse on a daily basis. Sage is my personal favorite method, and I love the spell too!
Comments are closed.