St. Joseph – Patron Saint of Realtors
So what is it about St. Joseph and home sales? There are so many tools available to sellers to ensure successful sale of their Western New York home. The most important tool I have is the market conditions and current sales data to ensure that the home is priced correctly. History of what has happened in the Real Estate market is how we determine the value of your home. The next important tool that your Realtor has is the marketing plan for your home, which includes the Internet, traditional advertising and Open Houses. Getting that WNY home in front of as many potential qualified, ready and willing to purchase buyers.
So where does St. Joseph come into the picture? Well this falls in the it can’t hurt category. Many people believe that burying a St. Joseph Statue in the yard will speed up the process of the sale of their WNY home. St. Joseph is the Patron Saint of Realtors after all.
There are a couple of possible origin of burying a St. Joseph statue:
- The tradition of burying St. Joseph in the earth began hundreds of years ago in Europe with nuns praying to St. Joseph (the patron saint of the family and household needs) when they needed land for convents. The Sisters were encouraged to bury their St. Joseph medals in the ground.
- Another possible origin is with German carpenters who put St. Joseph statues in the foundations of homes.
While it may seem a bit improper to bury St. Joseph upside-down on your property, this is actually recommended.
- You can apparently bury either a medal or a statue in the front or back yard
- Right side up or upside down
- Some say the saint should face the house
- Some say he should be close to the “For Sale” sign
Wherever you place the patron saint, it appears that miracles do happen. I cannot guarantee by buying a St. Joseph in your yard, you will sell faster, we just want to make sure that you know about this tradition.
One thought on “Can Burying a St. Joseph Ensure a Home Sale?”
This really works 🙂
Comments are closed.