This talk later today was a journey for me. I learned much along the way. But for now it is done. Just in time. Spirit always gives it to me just in time… Reminder to trust that I will have what it is that I need.
This talk I will just have several points to start me off…
- We are all on our own journey and on own separate paths.
- Spirit wanted me to trust. That that is what I am doing with this talk —
- 7pm I surrendered and gave up on the talk I was going to give
- It is only through our actions that we conquer our fears and exercise control of our destiny – Tom Ferry
- Appreciate where you are in your journey. Even if it is not where you want to be. Every season serves a purpose.
- Downton Abby Theme song
- Did I make the most of loving your?
- So many things we didn’t do?
- Did I give you all my heart I could give?
- Two lives lived; lives with life to live
- With all these endless lonely days are through, I’ll make the most of loving you.
- These paths change as we learn new truths and master lessons along the way
- My own journey has been full of lessons — let me tell you about #3 words
- 2015 they were all about
- 2016 they were all about
- Getting yourself through a situation that you thought would destroy you in the most loving thing you could ever do.
- Don’t give up
- It is the journey not the destination
- Along the path we make mistakes.
- it is how we learn from them that is important
- You cannot force someone to comprehend a message they are no ready to receive. Still you cannot under estimate the power of planting a seed.
- When someone tells you that your hurt them; you do not get to decide that you didn’t.
- The people that are crazy enough to think that they can change the world are the ones who do.
- So ponder for a moment that we can do just that?
- Leadership is about making others better as a result of your presence and making sure that impact lasts in your absence.
- When the student is ready the teacher appears. When the student is really ready the teacher disappears.
- We are all leaders. We are all teachers.
- Some good, some bad.
- Everything we do teaches someone else something
- Mentoring is a two way street. You get out what you put in.
- Build someone up.
- Put their insecurities to sleep.
- Remind them they are worthy.
- Tell them they are magical.
- Be light in a too often dim world
- At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should have happened; and live in what is happening. Letting go of what you expect of others.
- We can reject each other for what we are not; or we can love the person in front of us as they stand.
- Good or Bad – it doesn’t matter
- accept people on their path as they appear
- do no harm
- Between stimulus and response – there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom. Victor E. Frankl
- I genuinely have faith in the Universe. I am steadfast in my belief that all will be as it is to be. My lesson here is about patience. Patience with those around me, and most importantly with myself.
- In ending here today… go make the most of all you have
- see people who make your happy and go make the most of summer days
- you still have time to change your ways
- make the most of loving yourself and those around you
- Don’t leave things unsaid
- Before you are a leader, success is all about growing yourself. When you become a leader, success is all about growing others. Jack Welch
For now I will get some sleep before I deliver this talk…