My one Thousandth Post is today. June 1, which also happens to be the day you say White Rabbits three times for luck. When I started this blog getting to ten posts was overwhelming. A thousand posts. A thousand. Kind of inconceivable, but also not surprising, given that I started on the first of November 2014. That is on average one post every 2.769 days. Over the years I have restructured and removed posts so my first one now is my first Three Words post.
I have been thinking a lot about it. This celebratory post should have happened at the end of April. Covid-19 hit my house earlier this year, later than I planned. It is today. On it’s own schedule, and I must honor that. Spirit/God/the Divine has a plan and today it is this.
Change is Good
The structure of my site has changed over the years. Starting as a place to record my spiritual journey to my first book and now a tool to help others. To be what I needed in my darkest hours. In many ways it is how I learned patience, learned to let go of outcomes, and just be. I have a weekly post that goes up about Affirmations, which I know helps others, but somehow that scheduled post is something I need each week. I used to get mad at myself when I would forget one, now I realize it is because I needed the previous week’s more than I thought.
One Thousandth Post
So what is my favorite post of the first 1,000? That is so hard to decide. There has been so many highlights, here are some of my favorite posts.
- I may not be the Medium you want makes it easier for people to know it is okay to not reach out to me or any Medium if it doesn’t feel right to them.
- Sure there are posts on Tarot and other divination tools, Spirituality, a lot about Mediumship and how Mediums work, but some of my favorite posts are Why Readings Can Be Confusing, or answering the most common question I get from people How to pick a Medium to work with… and Let’s Talk About Mediumship Failures which reminds a beginner that this is an art and it takes practice to understand working with Spirit.
- Sometimes I don’t sugar coat my opinions on what is happening in the Spiritual community like when I wrote Egotism and the Decline of Spiritualism which did not sit well with some people.
- I write about dealing with grief Let’s talk a little about grief. Mediums are not immune to grief as this post shares Until we see you again….
- Having Faith is Deeply Personal and I delve into the subject on a regular basis. As well as Failures Are Not All Bad.
- 2022 Three Words – Respect, Manifest, Write a tradition that I started early on in my blogging was Three Words — Thank you Chris Brogan! What an awesome way to focus and find your way.
- Previvor Confession shares my struggles over the past three years and hopefully helps others that follow in my footsteps.
- About grief which is necessary to share Someone grieving – Here is what not to say and it remains a popular post on my site.
- Observing Conflicts – The truth in two sides to every story, the hardest truth is that not everyone wants to know the truth.
Tough Topics Things We Should Talk About
- I write about the Human Experience and the struggles we all experience like Should Every Conflict be Resolved?
- I share recipes like Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies
- There are topics that discuss differences like Religion and Spirituality are the same, right?
- Sometimes I pay tribute to great people like Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s Legacy to Women
- And then there are times I get a little political Time to Get Political
- Then I think this may be my absolute favorite post about an experience my husband and I had in 2019 but I didn’t find time to write about it until 2020 (thank you Covid-19). Learning to Understand Others Means ToleranceThree young people taught me a very important lesson that day. To stop and really listen, to share and what love of fellow man is all about.
- Psychic Fairs – An Uncomfortable Conversation… originally written in 2018, I often move it forward and freshen it up. Speaking of posts that get moved up, Express yourself in a way that your absence is felt… was originally written in 2016 and has been moved up on several occasions.
- Questions to ask before joining a Spiritual Church boy I wish I had had this one when I first joined and became involved with Spiritualism. A talk about Belief Systems (AKA: Religion) and A Crisis of Faith continue the discussion in different ways. In all of it There is this lesson and I believe a strong need for a Light Workers Code of Ethics.
- Are you a Victim of Spiritual Jealousy? time and again I have experienced this, I am not alone in the experience as my inbox shows from those that have read this and shared their struggles with me privately. It’s sister posts Bullies and Spiritualism shares the struggles on this topic, while Accepting People Where THEY Are At… helps you understand what is really going on.
- The one time I had to deal with a Troll on Twitter – Dismissed by an Atheist – Confirms I am on my right path…..
So Now What?
Now that I have accomplished my one thousandth post where will this go? It is my hope that I will continue to write. This blog gives me great joy and I am so grateful to those that read it. My life has changed in so many wonderful ways over the years, and I am sure that this will too. I shared why I write in Why do I write about my experiences? I think I will end with that a thousand words about a thousand posts written here.