How to Improve your Relationships – Original Post
- The six most important words: I admit that I was wrong.
- The five most important words: You did a great job.
- The four most important words: What do you think?
- The three most important words: Could you please…
- The two most important words: Thank you.
- The most important word: We.
- The least important word: I.
Relationships. They are important. Be it parent-child, boss-employee, siblings, friends or lovers. The basics are all the same. Gratitude for those in our life are important. More important though is how you treat those that you love.
Words of encouragement, including others in the process, admitting you are wrong, please and thank you. Simple right? Yet, these are the type of words that get overlooked in long standing relationships. We get lazy. The next time you have difficulty with someone, double check yourself. Perhaps you can immediately improve the situation by remembering these words. Just an idea. I know I will be working on this myself.