There is a lot of talk about Negative Energy lately. There is some very interesting research and I am going to file this under it cannot hurt. I believe in energy and how is surrounds us. There is truth to the fact that there is both positive and negative. So the idea that negative energy can get trapped in places I cannot physically see is possible. It was something that we all should considering.
Clearing Negative Energy with Salt
Simply sprinkle salt (a small grain type) on the carpet. After about an hour, vacuum. Salt crystals have an amazing natural built in-ability to absorb negative energy. As an alternative, you can put bowls of salt in the corners of the room and remove after a few hours.
Smudging with Sage
Smudging is ritual alchemy — changing and shifting the air element, and transforming our current experience to a mystical one. When you burn sage you do partake in a 2,000 year old Indigenous American practice. Creating a ceremony that is personal to you is idea as you lifts the veil between us and the sacred. We are shifting energy at will.
Negative Energy Water Trap
2 tablespoons white vinegar
2 teaspoons granulated salt
16 ounces filtered water
In a clear glass and add all of the ingredients and stir for 60 seconds. Place the glass in an area and leave it for 24 hours. Discard once done and clean glass for another time.
Incenses that Cleanse an Area
- Pine – Cleansing and purification of an area prior to meditation, prayer, or rituals. Pine is also used to freshen up a room, to attract money, and to break hexes.
- Sandalwood – Cleansing particularly negative spirits. Sandalwood is also used by many as a healing agent and to attract better luck.
- Sage – Burned to give protection against any form of negativity. It is also used to purify an area before meditating, praying, or another ritual.
- Lavender – Often used to lift the mood and create positive energy that pushes out negativity. Lavender can also be used for promoting sleep and relaxation.
- Frankincense – Used mainly for cleansing and purification. Often used when people move into a new home.
Remember you are in control of your space and what you feel is right — is after all, right. These are just a few ideas I use, there are countless ways to remove negative energy. The strongest is that of intention.