As a REALTOR, I had a code of ethics that bind me in my daily operations in the business. In fact, I had to take a 3 hour Code of Ethics course every two years. That is how serious they take ethics
This is a work in process. I have learned from the REALTOR Code Of Ethics that it is a living breathing document. For me my own Code of Ethics when it comes to Mediumship and Healing are:
- I treat this as a profession, as such I come dressed appropriately and come prepared to do the work, rested and not distracted.
- Build up the profession of Mediumship by providing education through published works as well as teaching classes and participation in development circles. Work with others to correct any misrepresentations and enhance the public’s understanding of Light workers.
- As this is a practice, I regularly attend continuing education and further the profession by learning new aspects of serving Spirit.
- Volunteer time assisting those in need and if I am unable to assist them, direct them to resources for the correct assistance. Volunteering includes serving at local churches and organizations for their fundraisers. This includes the public demonstrations at Lily Dale that I do.
- Respect for fellow Light workers, by never publicly demeaning them. Disputes are handled privately and if need be there is always a way to handle a situation professionally.
- Accept that the person sitting has Free Will and that I will not pass judgement on their decisions.
- Messages given are only for the highest and best of the sitter, I will not give messages of hate or deal with angry souls.
- I do not discriminate based on race, age, gender, sexual orientation or national origin.
- Anyone under the age of 18 sitting for a reading, I request permission of a parent and will accept the parent to sit with the child.
- I will not read for someone who is obviously high or drunk and I will not do readings under the influence.
- I cannot guarantee that the reader will hear from whom they wish to hear or that it is what they want to hear. I can guarantee that it is what Spirit believes they need to hear at the time.
- I will not touch someone without first permission is given.
- Confidentiality to all clients and the contents of readings. If I write about our encounter, names, locations, gender will be changed to protect you.