One of the most common question regard tarot cards is that of cheating (be it significant other, friend, business partner or someone wanting to deceive you). It can be uncomfortable. If I am seeing these cards, I know and understand what is going on. Today I want to discuss some of the cards and their potential meanings when it comes to infidelity.
Infidelity Basics in Tarot
Here are some generalizations that may assist you in understanding cheating when presented with cards.
It is something that over time you will find easier to understand.
- Any one card doesn’t necessarily indicate, it is the combination of cards that will tell the story.
- Look for reversals – They often reveal cheaters or a relationship breakdown.
- In context of Self in the reading, the card could mean the sitter is cheating.
Cards That May Indicate Cheating
- The Fool
- Wild behavior or immaturity are indicative of this card
- Knight of Wands
- This card can indicate a high sex drive or a wandering eye
- Magician – Reversed
- When I see this card reversed, I see a con-man looking out for their needs
- Moon – Reversed
- Seeing this card reminds me to look deeper, things are hidden and not at the surface
- The Hermit
- Can indicate a withdrawal and isolation
- When this card appears can indicate an ending
- This card has deep sexual undertones and someone that cannot resist temptation
- Can also indicate there is abuse in the relationship
- High Priestess – Reversed
- Untrustworthy friend, or temptation not resisted
- Judgement – Reversed
- This in itself appears to indicate lack of good judgement
- When cheating happens there is usually a huge shakeup and a trail of destruction in its path.
- 2 of Pentacles
- Can indicate a splitting of resources
- 2 of Cups – Reversed
- Easily described, this indicates a loss of love
- 3 of Swords
- This is classic heartbreak and indicates a painful end of a relationship
- It can indicate a third party in your relationship
- 3 of Cups – Reversed
- Three’s a crowd in any romantic relationship
- 5 of Cups
- There are hurt feelings and loss
- 5 of Pentacles
- Clearly an indication of a serious loss
- 7 of Swords
- I always see this card as someone getting away with something
- Also indicates that something is not fair
- 8 of Cups
- I see walking away, avoiding responsibility and a need to reconnect with your inner self
- Ten of Cups – Reversed
- Reversed this card is about paying attention to the hear and now, it may not be perfect but what is?
- Ten of Swords
- Just look at the card — a man being stabbed in the back
- In Tarot the 10 card in the suits indicates a completion/ending
Remember the cards have many layers of meanings. One card alone does not mean this to be true. It takes time to understand Tarot Cards and their meanings. Trust your intuition when using Tarot. What cards do you think indicate infidelity?
Tarot cards are NOT a substitute for a doctor, therapist, or other health care professional. Do not use these cards as a guarantee for recovery nor should they be used to diagnose or prescribe. They can only show the energy present. You should always seek out proper medical advice from the professionals.