I am in the middle of a conflict. It is breaking my heart. I feel like the pickle in the middle. I gave a message at church recently to a woman with that statement. My husband points out particular messages to me on our ride home. He kept asking me where did I get “Pickle in the Middle” — I reminded him that Spirit gives me this stuff.
I remember it is a children’s game in which two or more players must pass a ball to one another, while a player in the middle attempts to intercept it. Spirit advised her that she needed to extract herself from the middle and let the two sides figure it out. That in fact she was a distraction and not the issue. I am beginning to see that may have been a message for me too.
If you can’t guess, I am not happy about it. It is a struggle because this is such a childish thing. This group doesn’t like that group and visa versa. Then there is this organization that is being hurt in the process. It is all about being in control of the organization and running it “their” way. As each day goes by, it seems that the tension just grows.
Did I mention that it is a church? This is the part that drives me crazy. This isn’t the first time I have run into this in a spiritual community. Spiritualists have a defined set of principles. I watch every day as they are ignored by all that are involved. This church has a very specific set of guidelines on how things are to be run. This particular church has not been following these guidelines and those that are attempting to correct it are running into direct conflict with the “well this is how we always done it” group. In the process they all have lost sight of the Declaration of Principles.
Declaration of Principles
- We believe in Infinite Intelligence.
- We believe that the phenomena of Nature, both physical and spiritual, are the expression of Infinite Intelligence.
- We affirm that a correct understanding of such expression and living in accordance therewith, constitute true religion.
- We affirm that the existence and personal identity of the individual continue after the change called death.
- We affirm that communication with the so-called dead is a fact, scientifically proven by the phenomena of Spiritualism.
- We believe that the highest morality is contained in the Golden Rule: “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.”
- We affirm the moral responsibility of individuals and that we make our own happiness or unhappiness as we obey or disobey Nature’s physical and spiritual laws.
- We affirm that the doorway to reformation is never closed against any soul here or hereafter.
- We affirm that the precepts of Prophecy and Healing are Divine attributes proven through Mediumship.
The Lesson – Serving Spirit
I just want to serve Spirit and help those that want to do the same. I want to be able to go to church without anxiety of what is going to be said or the interactions of others. This place should be a sanctuary. A place that is warm and inviting. This sanctuary should not have cliques and divisions. It should be inclusive and respectful. Perhaps one day, sadly I don’t think that will be today. Perhaps tomorrow, but soon because I don’t know how much longer people can take this. I am not sure how much longer I can tolerate it.
My lesson, it is clear is to get out of the middle and let them figure it out. Not something that is easy being a triple Capricorn who thrives on control. But I will do my best.