How soon may I hear from my (insert Mother, Father, Friend, etc…) after they pass? This question came up yesterday. An acquaintance of mine just lost someone very near to them. It is a loss that just breaks your heart when you hear about it. Every loss including those you are prepared for will break your heart.
I mentioned it to another dear friend of mine out west that knows my connection to Spirit. They wanted to know a concrete time-frame. If only it were that simple. It created a conversation that I think is worth while to have here.
How Soon Can You Expect to Hear from a Loved One?
There are many ideas about how soon you may hear from a loved one that passes away. There are so many factors that may affect their ability. Including the mental state of those that are left behind on Earth.
It is important to note that those in Spirit do not measure time like we do (years, months, weeks, days, hours, minutes and seconds); so communication doesn’t always happen when we want it to.
Have you ever wanted something so badly and focused so hard on it and it never comes. They when you are relaxed and not thinking about it — all of a sudden it happens? Same thing here.
Where the person was Spiritual may have an effect as well. As a Medium, I had to learn how to communicate so I am pretty sure they have to learn to communicate as well. I can tell you each person has their own process of communicating and learning how to communicate can take time. Those that have the connection on this side seem to communicate easily with loved ones once they cross.
Ways Loved One’s May Communicate With
Let’s assume that they have to learn to communicate, go into a life review with their guides/angels and how much of an adjustment is needed for the Soul it may take some time. For us it may be physically a year or twenty, for them, it may feel like yesterday. Remember grief and shock is not just something we experience when someone passes…
Some experiences may be (remember yours may be different):
- Immediately as they pass they may contact or alert you of their passing
- Frustrating as this may seem; they may come to people around you — with messages for you
- Thoughts of them come up out of nowhere or they come in vivid dreams
- Often a rainbow will end on some place significant to the loved one and you
- Unusual items suddenly in your path, or repeating items you are suddenly aware of
- Depending on your beliefs and perceptions, as the parent, you may have picked up on these experiences or shrugged them off as the child’s imagination.
- Young children often see, hear, or otherwise sense the person
- They will talk about them in real time “Grandma says to say hi”
- They may say something that you know for sure they would not know but that the person that passed did
- Same with animals – cats, dogs often sense Spirit in a home
- Songs on the radio all of a sudden come up that remind you of them
- I have attended more wakes where the guest of honor is in attendance than not
- You may feel their touch or smell them much like a Medium does when giving messages
- Strange occurrence on your phone, tv or other electrical devices especially with static or snow
- A conversation with a complete stranger who knows nothing about your situation that would be like a conversation you would have with your loved one. You will never see this person again, but you will feel incredibly connected.
- Pay attention to the conversation it may just be a message from your loved one.
- This kind of conversation may also happen with a dear friend who will have no memory of the conversation.
As a Medium, I have given messages to family members as early as a few days after the passing, my mentor has given a message from someone that passed that day; the person receiving the message did not find out about the passing days later.
- You hear their voice so faintly and you think you are hearing things
- Often the sight of Cardinals or Blue Jays are an indication of a loved one near you
- Repeating numbers all of a sudden are a way of getting your attention
- Pay attention when a butterfly, ladybug, or a dragonfly are near by
- If they loved, for instance Corvettes, and all of a sudden you are seeing them everywhere, it may be them trying to get your attention.
- For me I see a lot of Sunflowers with Daises it s my friend Laurie saying hello, she is also my parking angel
- Repeating number 13 it is my grandmother making sure I pay attention
Connections are there
If you are looking for that connection with someone that has passed, the best advice I can give you is to find that calm place deep within yourself. Call on your Angels and Guides to assist you. Meet with a Medium, but be open to who comes through with a message.
Be kind to yourself, take the time to heal. If you meditate or pray it may help. More often it will be subtle messages from them that will let you know they are around. Don’t beat yourself if you miss a sign or it takes you time to recognize them. Remember this is a process, no two people communicate the same way. Know that you are loved and that they know you love them.