Children and Spirituality is a topic of interest to me. I am constantly thinking about it and the ways as adults can assist children grow spiritually. Often it is children that help adults connect to their own Spirituality.
It is something that I find beautiful when I come across young children and they are connected to Spirit in a great and unique way. Children do not filter by the views of others, they trust their own reactions. It is what it is and they don’t judge it. They relish in in.
Not everyone finds this connection beautiful. Many like myself are discouraged to believe in the reality which we find ourselves between two worlds.
Ways to assist children to grow Spiritually
Here are some ideas that I have in assisting Children and Spirituality. Think about them and see how you can assist a child; even if that child is your inner child:
- Teach them generosity and kindness
- Hold doors open for others
- perform acts of kindness without reward
- send thank you cards when someone does something nice for them
- have them write letters to older relatives
- Instruct children how to critical think
- Have children volunteer along side you
- Assist older people, people that are frail, those that are less fortunate