Attracting a Buyer with a Spiritual Cleansing
There are things you can do to attract a home buyer to your home. Some are basics, cleaning your home, staging it, but there is a spiritual aspect that you may want to add to your preparation of your home for sale. You may have heard of he use of Feng Shui or the burial of a St. Joseph Home Seller Statue Kit
Spiritual Cleansing or Smudging is a traditional method used by indigenous people to clear away negative and residual energy. To “smudge” is to clean with smoke… a smoke bath. Sage is the most popular herb used in smudging. The most common way to smudge with sage is with a smudge stick.
Spiritual Cleansing Supplies
Supplies needed for the smudge ceremony:
- Sage smudge stick
- Lighter (not matches)
- Heatproof bowl (a big ash tray will work)
- Hand-held fan or feather – to fan the smoke around.
Always work counterclockwise to banish the negative energy.
- Go to the highest part of your house and start there.
- If you have an attic in which you can walk around, start smudging to the right of the entrance. Work your way counterclockwise toward the left of the entrance.
- If your attic is a crawl space, fan a lot of smoke into the attic so it can reach all the corners and around anything stored up there.
- Work your way down to the next floor, keeping with the counterclockwise pattern. If it is the 2nd or 3rd floor, start to the right of the staircase smudging each room in the clockwise manner. Do this till you end up to the left of the staircase.
- Smudge the staircase.
- Do each floor the same way till you reach the ground floor. Skip the ground floor for now if you have a basement. Smudge the basement. Spend a lot of time here because basements can be like a dead end for energy. It can sit there and collect. That’s why basements are so creepy.
- Move back to the ground floor. Start smudging from the right side of the door, again moving room to room in a counter clockwise pattern… smudging each room counter clockwise.
- Work your way out the front door.
- If you have a porch, patio, gazebo etc…. smudge them.
- If you have a garage, workshop or pool house, smudge them as well.
- You can smudge the entire property if you feel comfortable enough to do it in front of the neighbors.
The Spiritual Cleansing Process
It is little more than a Native American ceremony with a twist to it. Don’t over complicate things. You cannot do this wrong. It is what is in your heart and your desire that makes it work. This is all about your intentions.
- Light the sage. If it doesn’t go out on it’s own, carefully blow on it. The goal is to get it to smoke and smolder. You can relight it as needed… hence the reason for a lighter over matches.
- Place the smoking sage into the heatproof container.
- Use you hand, fan or feather to GENTLY move the smoke to the areas to be cleansed. Pay attention to corners, under and around furniture, cluttered areas and areas where negative energy might be really bad. Smudge inside of cabinets, the stove and fridge if they are being sold too.
- As you walk around each room, you may want to ask for God, the universe, source or spirit to attract a buyer to your home. The Lord’s prayer is also quite popular for this.
- Be careful as you walk so as not to trip and burn the flooring. Walk slowly… fanning the smoke gently. Relight as needed. Stop walking when you want to say your prayer. As you smudge, envision this smoke as your desire going out into the universe and making a connection with a family who is looking for “just the right home” which happens to be yours.
- Take great care not to burn yourself or get close to curtains, fabrics or anything flammable.
- An important step in selling your home is to release it. Let your home know that it’s time for you to move on. Give the home your blessings and tell it “goodbye”.
- When you are done, thank you angels, guides, loved ones, god and anyone else you believe has helped you with your ceremony.
- It’s a good idea to open the windows and air the place out after the smudging. The smoke smells somewhat like marijuana smoke and you don’t want to turn buyers off as soon as they walk in the door.
For more information about selling your home, please call Turning Key Realty at (716) 688-4900 and tell them I sent you to them for help.